NEW YORK, Dec. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Seeing a global economy full of opportunity, S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) announced today that it will launch a new, integrated operating model effective January 1, 2018. This innovative approach will result in a stronger, customer-oriented firm designed to deliver and execute with agility, authority and accountability in a way that is aligned with the new strategy.
"The changes announced today will further differentiate us in the global marketplace and empower our clients to make more informed and quicker decisions," says S&P Global President and CEO, Douglas Peterson. "Our leadership team and employees are set to embrace change across the board in how we deliver essential intelligence through our world class benchmarks, ratings, data, and analysis to meet the evolving needs of our customers."
Operating Model: Divisions
There will be four reporting divisions (moving from three) within S&P Global, each responsible for all commercial activities including sales, customer support, product development and innovation as well as business specific regulatory compliance and planning:
- S&P Global Ratings – The world's leading provider of independent credit risk research and benchmarks will continue to be led by its President, John Berisford. CRISIL, which has always been reported for financial purposes under S&P Global Ratings, will now report to John Berisford.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence - A leading provider of financial & industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities worldwide will continue to be led by Mike Chinn, President Market Intelligence & Executive Vice President Data and Technology Innovation.
- S&P Global Platts - The leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets will continue to be led by President Martin Fraenkel. For management and financial reporting purposes, S&P Global Platts will now comprise a separate segment effective January 1, 2018.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices - The world's largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research will continue to be led by its CEO, Alex Matturri.
In order to take advantage of future commercial opportunities within technology and data, S&P Global will be launching three new Operational Services functions supporting the enterprise and its divisions. These strategic teams will be tasked with ensuring that the Company competes and wins in an increasingly connected and technologically-oriented world:
- S&P Global Engineering and Technology Innovation Services – Nick Cafferillo will become the new Chief Technology Officer for S&P Global reporting to Mike Chinn. This new organization will lead efforts to provide and transform the Company's operations around software engineering, product platforms development, and technology innovation including its embrace of data science and related technologies.
- S&P Global Data Operations – Nate Haskins will become the Chief Data Officer at S&P Global reporting to Nick Cafferillo given the connected nature of technology to data. Nate will lead Data Operations across all of S&P Global, with responsibility for developing and implementing a forward-looking data strategy that supports each division's priorities. His team will be responsible for workflow management and reporting, robotics and process automation, and external data sourcing, while driving innovation around data ingestion and integration.
- S&P Global Digital Infrastructure – This innovative team will be led by Swamy Kocherlakota. Swamy will become S&P Global's new Chief Information Officer reporting to CFO, Ewout Steenbergen. His team will be responsible for continuing the digital transformation that the Company has been undertaking the past few years, including: infrastructure and enterprise architecture, data centers, cloud strategy, and workplace services including end-user computing, video, and employee services, cyber security, and corporate applications. Krishna Nathan, S&P Global's current Chief Information Officer, will play an advisory role until the end of March 2018.
"The essential intelligence that S&P Global delivers today is ever more embedded into the workflow and decision making of our customers around the globe," adds Mr. Peterson. "This new operating model will ensure that our leading content remains relevant, fresh and harnesses the technology that is shaping and transforming every industry around us."
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a leading provider of transparent and independent ratings, benchmarks, analytics and data to the capital and commodity markets worldwide. The Company's divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. S&P Global has approximately 20,000 employees in 31 countries. For more information visit www.spglobal.com.
Investor Relations: http://investor.spglobal.com
Get news direct via RSS:
Vice President, Investor Relations
(212) 438-4321 (office)
VP, External Communications
(212) 438-1471 (office)
SOURCE S&P Global