NEW YORK, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The old investment adage is "Sell in May and Go Away." But now should investors "Buy in July"? S&P Capital IQ's senior equity investment strategists and an ETF analyst will answer this question and others listed below in this webinar.
- Should investors be optimistic or skeptical that earnings growth for the S&P 500 in the second half of the year is expected to more than double the projected growth in the first half?
- How can U.S. investors seek to minimize the impact of Europe's sovereign debt crisis on their international equity portfolios?
- Why is it important to look beyond the BRIC countries when investing in emerging markets?
- Is the bull market in stocks still alive?
- Do we finally have a bottom in gold?
- What U.S. and international equity ETFs are best positioned to benefit from secular trends for the rest of 2012?
- How important should an ETF's past performance be in sorting through the various ETF offerings?
WHAT: Hosted by Sam Stovall, Chief Equity Strategist for S&P Capital IQ, this webinar will offer listeners actionable investment intelligence based on S&P Capital IQ's insights.
Questions will be taken from webinar participants after a brief presentation by each panelist.
WHO: S&P Capital IQ's equity strategists and an ETF analyst participating in the webinar are:
- Sam Stovall, Chief Equity Strategist, S&P Capital IQ
- Alec Young, Global Equity Strategist, S&P Capital IQ
- Mark Arbeter, Chief Technical Strategist, S&P Capital IQ
- Todd Rosenbluth, ETF Analyst, S&P Capital IQ
WHY: Investors, advisors and financial media can gain access to the financial market intelligence of S&P Capital IQ, one of the world's largest producers of independent equity research. S&P Capital IQ delivers these insights everyday through products, such as The Outlook and MarketScope Advisor. These products draw from S&P Capital IQ data, knowledge and research from its equity analysts, proprietary STARS coverage and Stock Reports.
WHEN: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. EDT, for 90 minutes.
Event Details: Click on the following link http://ow.ly/bf4Nm to register for the event. One hour of CFP continuing education credit is available for this event. (If you experience any difficulty while registering for this event, please contact Marc Eiger at 212-438-1280, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
About S&P Capital IQ
S&P Capital IQ, a business line of the McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), is a leading provider of multi-asset class and real time data, research and analytics to institutional investors, investment and commercial banks, investment advisors and wealth managers, corporations and universities around the world. We provide a broad suite of capabilities designed to help track performance, generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies. Through leading desktop solutions such as Capital IQ, Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor desktops; enterprise solutions such as S&P Valuations, and Compustat; and research offerings, including Leveraged Commentary & Data, Global Market Intelligence, and company and fund research, S&P Capital IQ sharpens financial intelligence into the wisdom today's investors need. For more information visit www.spcapitaliq.com.
For more information contact:
Marc Eiger, Communications, Tel.: 212-438-1280
All information provided by S&P Capital IQ is impersonal and not tailored to the needs of any person, entity or group of persons. Past performance is no indication of future results. S&P Capital IQ and its affiliates provide a wide range of services to, or relating to, many organizations, including issuers of securities, investment advisers, broker-dealers, investment banks, other financial institutions and financial intermediaries, and accordingly may receive fees or other economic benefits from those organizations, including organizations whose securities or services they may recommend, rate, include in model portfolios, evaluate or otherwise address.
SOURCE S&P Capital IQ